Falcons set another new record
Credit: FANSHAWE ATHLETICS
The Falcons have broken numerous records this year, the latest being for the most National medals won in a season.
A March 22 press release from Fanshawe Athletics announced that the Falcons have won seven total medals for the 2018-19 season, beating the previous record of six from 2017-18.
Of the seven National medals, two are gold.
The release listed the following teams as having won National titles this year:
• Women’s Cross Country – CCAA National Gold
• Men’s Volleyball – CCAA National Gold
• Women’s Golf – Alyssa Stoddart – CCAA National Bronze
• Women’s Soccer – CCAA National Bronze
• Women’s Badminton – Helen Ngu and Han Pham – CCAA Women’s Doubles National Bronze
• Women’s Volleyball – CCAA National Bronze
• Baseball – National Bronze Medal
In addition to the seven National medals, the Falcons have also collected a total 21 Provincial medals, beating out last year’s previous record of 20.